The most common way to fix any router is to reset it. A factory reset usually sets all devices to their standard mode. However, sometimes even a rest won’t help your router to function to its normal capacity. Keep reading here to know how you can fix your router in these cases. Find the way to fix a Belkin router not working after reset.
A router typically has issues even after a reset; this could be the result of improper configuration. But it doesn’t mean that the router has to be thrown out or has gone bad. There are ways to fix a router even after resetting. Remember that resetting is one of the possible ways and not our only solution.
Here is how you can fix a Belkin router not working after reset.
Resetting Belkin Wireless Router | How To Do It
Before we start, learn how to fix a Belkin router not working after resetting. We need to learn the process of resetting a router. The process is similar across various routers. Here is a comprehensive guide: How can my Belkin router be reset?
- Finding the reset button is the first step. Your reset button is located at the back panel, close to where the other cables and wires are attached. And rather than a button, the reset button is a little hole.
- Look for a little, pointed object with a sharp edge. Any household is lying about maybe these—a hairpin with a safety pin. Or if you have a sim ejection tool in a box within your old phone. Now is the right moment to use it.
- Insert the pin into the router’s corresponding hole. For around 10 seconds, press down. Then let go. The router flashes a signal to let us know the reboot is finished.
- The reboot procedure is finished. A few more steps ensure your router is back in default mode. Restart your gadget and remove the power cable for around 30 seconds. Restore power to the router. Your Belkin router has now been reset.
- Retrace your steps to get into the Belkin default router and reconfigure your Wi-Fi. But this time, be careful to update your security information instantly. The settings page for the router makes this simple to perform.
If you believe you will easily forget your security information, store your passwords in a safe place.
How To Reset Belkin Router From Computer | Step-By-Step Guide
Suppose you can’t reset your device the normal way. Then you might have to attempt fixing this with your computer. And don’t worry. This step doesn’t need you to be a coding genius. Or a router whiz, either. Rather, this is way simpler than all.
- To reset your router using a computer. It would help if you had your router set up with the computer first. It would help if you had a Wi-Fi connection or a manual cable to connect it to both devices. You might have to wait out for some time so that the connection is secure and set up properly.
- Now locate the IP of your Belkin router. It is usually 192.168.2.2. It makes you get redirected to the login page of the router. Yes, you have guessed it right. We’re going to do a manual setup of your router through login settings. Sometimes resetting your router formats its memory. You must set up your login details to connect your router to the computer. This quill makes your internet connectivity gets restored.
- You are resetting the Belkin router. As a result, it has also returned to its normal mode. You need to enter the first basic login details. The ones you used during the first time you were configuring your router. It will help you log in to the Belkin router. Usually, the default details used are admin for the username, and the password is just simply password, or sometimes 1234.
- Now you can access your page of settings. Navigate to the Internet Settings. It is also called WAN Settings. Here, you need to enable the DHCP. The DHCP does the job of allowing your router to receive an IP. It is an automatic IP.
- You also need to visit the security setting once. From here, go and select WPA2. It will be your encryption type. It is the safest choice. Now, if you observe, You’ll find a box below the encryption. It is called the pass key, and it contains your password. Change the login ID to something safer. It boosts the secure ability of your router.
- Your router has been reconnected to the ISP. Your router’s setup is complete, allowing it to function after being reset. Your Belkin router is again operational, so there’s no need to worry about the issue persisting after a restart.
Other Reasons For Router Not Working
Sometimes your router might not be working after reset or set up again. It might be due to a faulty modem or cable line. Here’s how to determine whether the issue is with your modem. To test that, directly connect the device and the modem.
To test out fault cables or wires. Now, make sure your modem is functioning properly if your computer or other device is working correctly with a direct connection. It is preferable to call a professional and have them look into the situation.
Router overheating is a common problem that causes connection issues. Sometimes the overheating of your router may also be the result of an internal hardware problem. It is advisable to maintain your router in a room with good ventilation.
My Belkin router won't work. What to do?
reset your Belkin router manually. You are using a pin and the reset button. Then try and configure your router again.
My Belkin Router is Not working after resetting. What can I do?
Your Belkin router is not working after resetting because it has gone to the default state. Configure the router again to connect.
What are the default login details for Belkin Router?
The username for these routers is usually admin, and the password is 1234, or sometimes the word itself.
What is the Internet Address for Belkin?
The Address for the Belkin router and its settings is 192.168.2.2.
Here we have discussed why the Belkin router not working after reset. The setup and configuration of routers are pretty easy, and the process is quick to catch on. The confusion, however, arises after a router reset because we can’t quite understand what to do next. And that is pretty common to happen because technology wasn’t our mother tongue. It isn’t our fluency. However, our knowledge is clear now that you need to configure your router once more when resetting. You can reconnect to the world by following the same login process, which should work.
- 1 Resetting Belkin Wireless Router | How To Do It
- 2 How To Reset Belkin Router From Computer | Step-By-Step Guide
- 3 Other Reasons For Router Not Working
- 4 FAQs
- 5 Conclusion