A router is not a normal tech device used for leisure. The Internet can’t be denied as a necessity in the modern world. Today, every second household has a router set up in their home. Routers are the best modem device for wireless connections. DLink is one of the most renowned router companies. Here is a tutorial on Dlink Dir655 default router login.
The way to log into any router is quite simple and easy. You also have to keep the device on to stay connected. After that, you need a few handfuls of things on your computer. A web browser and your internet address. Oh, and just in case you forget.
Let us learn the Dlink Dir655 default router login route without much wait.
What Are DLink Routers
DLink Dir655 is a very well-known model of router. Why is this brand so famous in the router market?
DLink is the top manufacturer of routers and other telecommunication devices. So, the customer base trusts the brand.
The range of DLink routers is their secret to being business leaders in the market. In other words, their devices allow multiple network setups. You can customize your network into private or public, according to your wish.
DLink Dir 655 Default Router Login | How To Do It
Firstly, we learned some interesting history about DLink routers and why they are the preferred router device. Keep reading to learn more information required to set up your DLink router.
You will need a DLink Dir 655 default password and a 655 IP address. Typically, in routers, these are the main requirements. A password for security. And the internet address. Because everything, even websites, has an address.
Read on to know what exactly the things are you need to do. Then proceed.
It would help if you always had a working web browser on your laptop. Because without a browser, you can’t search for an IP Address.
- Find the D link Dir 655 IP address. Without a proper internet address, you won’t be able to find the login page. And that will create problems since you won’t be able to use the router settings.
- The default IP Address for D Link Dir 655 default login is 192.168.0.1.
- Now you need the D Link Default Password Dir-655 version. Usually, the password for this is admin. The password and username, the default version, are given in the manual. Enter these details on the login page.
- Once you have entered the dlink dir 655 admin password and other details, the page will show all your settings. The job is done. Your router configuration is complete. Now make sure to change the default security details to something more private. It stops hackers.
The Password Keeps Failing
When you purchase a Dlink router, a default password is given. A default username also comes in the user manual. When you use them to set your router for the first time, they should immediately change to something more secure and private if you fail at doing this. After that, your router will be prone to hacking. The downside of the router setup system is the IP address is default and never changes. The default passwords also remain the same for a long time.
If the password given is not working. That could mean someone else has logged in and changed your security details.
There is no need to start worrying right away about this, though. Fortunately, we don’t need to panic immediately; there are solutions. It is easier to reset the entire thing. Resetting your device does two things. It removes all existing users that have logged in. And it changes all settings to their default state. It means you can again use your device.
Keep reading this tutorial on resetting.
- The first part is to locate the reset button. Your reset button is right where the rest of the wires and cables are connected at the back panel. And the reset button is a small hole instead of an actual button.
- Find something small and sharp with a pointed tip. These could be any household lying around: a safety pin, a hairpin. Or if you have a sim ejection tool hiding in the corner of your old phone’s box. It’s time for use here.
- Insert the pin in that hole of the router. Press it down for about 10 seconds. Then release. There is usually a blinking signal on the router to inform us the reboot is complete.
- The reboot process is complete. But there are some extra steps to ensure your router is back to default mode. Once your device is powered on again, take the power cable out for about 30 seconds. Then power it back. Now you have to do the entire process for dlink dir655 default router login.
- Redo the process to get into Dlink dir655 default router login and set up your Wi-Fi again. You can easily do it from the router settings page. However, make sure to change your security details immediately this time.
Store your security details, such as passwords, somewhere secure if you think you can forget that information easily. You can easily do it.
It is a common problem that occurs. Especially if you’re not well versed with technological things, you might have changed your Internet Address and forgotten what it was. In such a case, resetting your Dlink router several times won’t help.
Instead, trace your IP Address using Locator software, website, or app. Above all, this way of finding out your IP at any given point is very easy.
The easiest way is well easy. It would help if you had the manual's default internet address and password.
I can turn off my router during the setup process. Can I still connect to it?
You must have your router on and connected when setting up the device for the first time.
Why can't I log in using my default password?
The downside of the router setup system is the IP address is default and never changes. The default passwords also remain the same for a long time. If the password given is not working. That could mean someone else has logged in and changed your security details.
The default internet address is 192.168.0.1
You can use a locator app to find your internet address and access your router.
To sum up, the first time anyone tries setting up a router can be tough. Unless you’re into modems and routers, it takes some time to understand the setup process. Usually, a serviceman guides you through this procedure. But we advise learning it as well. It also helps you the next time there is an issue with the router. You’ll now know what to do.
- 1 What Are DLink Routers
- 2 DLink Dir 655 Default Router Login | How To Do It
- 3 The Password Keeps Failing
- 4 Dlink Dir655 Default IP Address Changed
- 5 FAQs
- 5.1 What is the easy way to Dlink dir655 default router login?
- 5.2 I can turn off my router during the setup process. Can I still connect to it?
- 5.3 Why can't I log in using my default password?
- 5.4 What do I need to type in the web browser for the Dlink dir655 default router login?
- 5.5 I can't find the IP Address to my Dlink device.
- 6 Conclusion