In this digital world, the internet is the need, want, and necessity of all. So, this article will talk about one of the best wifi in the game, Netgear ac1900, and a manual configuring Netgear ac1900 setup that will make the entire process seem simple.
Netgear ac1900 is a Dual Band Gigabit wifi Router that offers an extremely rapid and strong internet connection with the ability to serve more than 20 wireless devices. In this article, get to know about a detailed guide on how to:
- Install the router
- Prepare the modern
- Connect the modern and add power to it
- Connecting the wifi network
- Login, Username, and Password for the router
Keep reading this article for a detailed setup guide with defined steps for setting up the router, logging in, and connecting it with the other devices, and better knowledge about the same.
How To Start Installation
To start the Netgear nighthawk ac1900 installation process, ensure all the router parts are ready, and your internet service is active before installation.
Install The Router
It comes without any surprise that installation of the router is the primary step and comes with many other parts to keep in mind.
- First, the antenna caps need to be removed from the antenna ports on the router.
- Then, you need to attach and position the antennas by aligning them with the antenna posts on the Netgear ac1900 router setup.
- The next step is to join the antennas with the threaded antenna posts.
- Positioning the antennas is a vital part of the Netgear ac1900 setup, and the right way is to keep positioning them at an angle of about 45 degrees.
Prepare The Modern
The modern is one of the parts that need to be done properly in the Netgear ac1900 setup in the initial stages; the correct way to do so is:
- To start, first, unplug the modern’s power of the Netgear ac1900
- Remove its batteries if it uses a modern battery backup
- Disconnect the cable between that router and the modern one if it is already connected to another router.
Connect The Modern
- Plug in the modern and then turn it on.
- Remember to replace the batteries you removed
- A yellow Ethernet cable is always provided with the router; connect your modern to it.
Add Power To The Modern
- Plug the power adapter into an outlet after attaching it to the router.
- Then the power LED button on the front will turn white if it doesn’t press the Turn on/off button on the rear panel.
Connect The Computer
You can connect the computer to the router. Using the Ethernet yellow cable or the Wifi connection
- To connect the computer using the Ethernet cable, connect the computer to an Ethernet port on the router using the cable.
- With the help of wifi connection, the computer can be connected to the router using the wifi settings on the product label.
- This step is important for setting up Netgear ac1900 as the access point.
Launch A Web Browser
Initially, when you connect the router, a genie page displays, which showcases the steps to connect to the internet.
But if it does not appear, do the following:
- Shut and reopen the browser to refresh the connection.
- You must always connect the computer to one of the four Ethernet ports or the wifi you are connected to.
- The router must receive full power at all times, as indicated by its Power LED light.
- In the case of a fixed IP address, please change it to obtain an IP address from the router as an automated setting and not make it static.
Log in to the router for the genie to detect your device if the genie page is not visible.
How To Login To Your Router
- The primary step to log in is first to launch a web browser
- Type in www.routerlogin.us in the browser’s address field, which then leads to a login window.
- Fill out the username field with admin and the password field with a password.
How Can You Join The WiFi Network
It can either be done by choosing the wifi Protected Setup (WPS) or selecting your wifi network and adding its password to perfectly perform the Netgear Nighthawk ac1900 smart wifi router setup. The instructions on going forward with the process will automatically appear on your screen.
Older equipment does not work with WPS.
If You Opt For WPS:
- The router will turn on if you press the WPS button for about 3-5 seconds.
- You must start the setup within two minutes by pressing the WPS button on your computer.
- To add other devices or computers, repeat this process.
If You Select Your Network And Enter Its Password
- Enable the software utility mode that manages all Wifi connections on your computer
- Find and select your router’s wifi network name (SSID), which is on the product label
- Enter the router’s password and click the connect button.
How To Change Or Review The Router Settings:
Once you use the genie to set up your router, the same settings can be changed or reviewed by logging in to the router.
Change The Admin Password
- Launch a web browser
- Then log in to www.routerlogin.us in the address field of the browser.
- Enter admin as the username and password, just as you did in the earlier steps, to switch to the BASIC Home display.
- Select Advanced > Administration > Set password
- Then type an old password twice to enable a new password setting with Enable Password Recovery.
- Shifting to selecting two security questions and providing answers, and finally click Apply to save your changes.
- You can find the details on the Nighthawk app mode.
Some LEDs on top of the router and what they are called:
|2.4 GHz wifi LED|
|5 GHz wifi LED|
|Guest wifi LED|
|USB 3.0 port LED|
|Wifi On/off button with LED|
|WPS button with LED|
Is Netgear Nighthawk ac1900 worth it?
It is the perfect suit for those who need a fast connection that can connect to multiple devices and want their router to be in their control, and with the help of this article about Netgear ac1900 setup, you can make proper use of it.
How fast is the Netgear Nighthawk ac1900?
With speeds of up to 1900 Mbps wireless when connecting to other 802.11 ac1900 Mbps devices, this dual-band is one of the fastest in the world and has excellent capabilities.
How long does the Netgear ac1900 setup last?
Its life span technically is up to 3 years, like any other router, as it is always suggested to change routers within 3-5 years.
How many devices can it handle at once?
The Netgear Nighthawk ac1900 can handle up to almost 30 devices at once, which is insane for any router and its range is up to 1800 Sq Ft.
It was all about Netgear ac1900 and the steps to set up Netgear ac1900. Hopefully, it was helpful, as we mentioned all the important steps to set up your router and the basic issues faced while logging in.
- 1 How To Start Installation
- 2 How To Login To Your Router
- 3 How Can You Join The WiFi Network
- 4 How To Change Or Review The Router Settings:
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Conclusion