Unlike most manufacturers for use the 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 IP addresses for their gateways, some manufacturers such as Huawei make use of the 192.168.8.1 IP address to access the router’s functionalities. If you have one such modem and are making use of this IP address to access the former of the router, this article is the right one for you.
Here, you will learn everything you need to know about this IP address including how to login to it and how to reset your username and password in case you forget them.
Requirements And Constraints
There are a few requirements as well as a few constraints for you to log into this IP address and make changes in the phone par. The most prominent won’t be in that you should be in the vicinity of your router’s network meaning that you should be connected to the same network to do any changes in the firmware since this is not a public IP address.
You cannot find this page on the world wide web and you must be in the vicinity of your router, whatever it is situated. The second requirement is that you should have a device which supports HTML5 promise in a browser, which pretty much covers all the devices available out there right now. You don’t have to worry about this one.
How To Login To 192.168.8.1 IP Address
Here is how you can log into this IP address and make the necessary changes that you want to do.
- First, you need to type this http://192.168.8.1/ IP address in the address bar of your browser or simply click on “Access Router Panel” button mentioned below.
Access Your Router Admin Panel
- It doesn’t matter whether you are typing this in the browser on your PC off your mobile phone. Your only requirement as I mentioned earlier is that the night if I should connect to the same network as the router.
- Once you enter the IP and hit the enter key, you should prompt to enter a user id and password to log in. Just enter the default credentials that came with the router and you should be able to login to the firmware homepage without any problems.
- In case you do not know what the default login credential for your router is, refer the list below where a bunch of different devices made by individual manufacturers with their default login credentials has been listed. You can also refer to this guide to recover router password with ease.
- After you enter the correct login credentials, you will be authenticated and now you will be presented with the list of different options for security management, firmware update and more. Depending on the authority that this present profile of yours has over you can do changes in the setting as you please.
- Sometimes, you may not be able to do all the changes in the advanced settings of a network. This is because you do not possess the administrator privileges to do so. I suggest that you log in with the administrative profile to make the changes, provided that you know what you are doing.
This may or may not work on all routers, but on my D-Link a DSL router oh I have to do this enter admin for both user id as well as password. Then hit enter and log in as an administrator and then, I can do any changes that I want. Even if you have a router other than the D-Link brand, this is worth a shot.
Default Router Username & Password List
You can check any router’s default username & password from the drop-down list below.
What To Do If You Have Forgotten The User Id And Password
In case you have recently change the default user id and password, and I got them, you might worry as to how you can log into the firmware page again. You can do this by resetting the modem back to its factory settings. True that you have to find a reset button present on the body somewhere. It’s a small penis size button which will have to press and hold for 10 seconds using a narrow tool such as a toothpick or a pin.
So, this was about the General information regarding the 192.168.8.1 IP address. In case you have any two modems manufactured by companies like our way or GIGAFAST, this information might have been handy for you.