The 192.168.100.1 IP address is one of the most common IP addresses. It is used by a large number of router manufacturing companies as the default IP address for their router. It is an essential part of the router. As it allows the users of the routers to connect to the authentic user admin page where all the configuration settings take place. Although a lot of other IP addresses are available for the manufacturers. In this article, we shall discuss the 192.168.100.1 IP address only.
Why Do We Need 192.168.100.1 Admin Panel
The admin panel of the 192.168.100.1 IP address is an important tool because it is the admin panel which allows the users to make changes to the various important settings of the router which can even affect the security of the all the devices connected to it.
Also, if the access to the admin panel come into the hands of any malicious users, all the data can be at a huge risk. Hence, the access to the admin panel of the router has to be kept secure. In this article, we will give an insight into the admin panel of the 192.168.100.1 IP address and the issues with it.
How to Login to 192.168.100.1 Administration Panel
It is very simple and easy to do a login into the admin panel of the 192.168.100.1 IP address. In fact, the process is as simple as using a simple website on the computer. However, you should always know the default username, password, and the default IP address of your router before trying to login to the admin panel of the 192.168.100.1 IP address. Below are the steps which you can follow in order to log in to the admin panel easily:
- Open a web browser on your computer. You can use any web browser. But to avoid any hassles, you should always use the latest version of the browser.
- Type the IP address of your router in the address bar of the web browser. In this case, the IP address is 192.168.100.1.
- The user authentication page will be opened if the default IP address is typed incorrectly. Now, enter your username and password in the required space. Then, press enters key to proceed.
- The admin panel of the 192.168.100.1 IP address will now open up. You can now make the changes in the settings of the system as per your requirements.
- Now, you can configure all or some of your devices to the router.
- From this admin panel, you can also change the type of your internet connection. You can also change the name of your network. You can also add new devices or remove existing devices from your router.
What to do if I Forget Router IP Address
It is extremely common to forget the details of the router which we are using. Because not everything can be remembered forever. Especially, when we have to remember a lot of other things as well. You should not panic in case you forgot the IP address of your router or even the username or password. There are various methods to recover these details, and we will discuss those methods here.
Find the IP Address of the Router
It is very easy to find the IP address of the router if you have not changed the IP address of your anytime in the past. If you are sure that your router is still working on the default IP address, you can find the said information at the following two places:
- The User Manual of the Router: An important booklet of the router if the user manual which contains all the required information about the router. You can look for troubleshooting tips also in the user manual. Hence, if you forget the IP address or any other information about your router, look for it in the user manual.
- The Sticker on the back of the Router: Some of the manufacturers also provide a set of important information on the sticker of the router. This sticker contains information such as the default username, IP address and default password of the router. In some of the routers, the model number of the device is also available. Hence, you can use the information from this sticker to access the admin panel of 192.168.100.1 IP address in case you forget the IP address of your router.
Resetting the Router to its Default Configuration
Resetting the router to the factory settings is the best solution to the issues of forgetting the username, password or IP address. The only thing you need to remember while factory resetting the router is that you will be required to configure all your devices to the router from scratch. Hence use this option cautiously. The best method to factory reset a router to use the pinhole button. It is present at the back of the router. After holding the button for about 10-15 seconds, the router will restart, and it will again accept the default details.
It was almost all the basic information that you need to have about the 192.168.100.1 IP address. Now use this information before trying to log into the admin panel of the 192.168.100.1 IP address.